Me, Elsewhere

Twitter YouTube Facebook Image Map

Monday 8 August 2011

Hi, I’m Dowsey


Hello people who happen to have stumbled upon my empty blog.
My name, on the internet, is Dowsey. But, in real life I’m known as Joshua Dowse.
To be completely honest, my life isn’t that interesting.
I spent too much time up in my room, playing video games, or doing random things on the internet. Last year, in the midst of being a total loner, I decided to start recording games of Call of Duty, talking over them, and posting them to YouTube. 
Now days, I’m doing the exact same thing, but there is 1,300 people on the other side watching them. 
I wouldn’t say my life has always been so dull.
 Before 2008, I lived in Australia. 
I used to be a very keen Scout, going out and hiking, camping and the lot quite often. I’d always be outside, riding around and enjoying life.
But, on the 8th of March, 2008, my family and I moved to the UK. This was an extremely hard time for me. I hated it. I was shell shocked, locked up in my room, hiding away from the world.
It took about 2-5 months for me to actually make contact. At the time, I was home educated, meaning I was schooled at home. A lot of people link this to being anti-social, and I’d have to say, up until now, the last 14 years of being home educated, I’d been a little social bird. But, moving to the UK completely changed me.
My first 2 friends were a couple of fellows were Jonny and Ben. When I first met the, they were damaging Ben’s bike by throwing rocks at it. Apparently Ben was selling it to a friend for £20, so he thought’d be funny to damage it. Weird.
Ben and I never really got a long. He was a half Italian, master at sport, and when Jonny and I started to get on quite well, it seemed he felt threatened. And so, he took to bulling me. This obviously aided me in recovering from my shell shock, and gave me the confidence I needed to get back on my 2 feet.
NOT!
To make things worse, my next door neighbour decided to also bully me. Not just my self but the rest of my family. We always felt threatened to go outside, and it got to the point where they started yelling death threats.
Now, I should say now that it turns out this family was also under heavy bulling, and so turned on us, but, it wasn’t appreciated
Since, we have moved away, and I’ve started getting my life together. YouTube probably has been a massive aid in helping get through this. It’s given me something to do, and something to work on. I’m still quite far from being back on track, but, I’m a lot more stable today then I was 2 years ago.

So, now you know a little more about me, how about a hug?

No comments:

Post a Comment